cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Rumors of New, Small Company Oriented PDM from PTC

mdristy
1-Newbie

Rumors of New, Small Company Oriented PDM from PTC

I have heard rumors that PTC is coming out with a new, easy-to-use, easy to install/configure PDM solution in January 2013? This may be the answer for those who have been stuck on Wildfire 4.0 in order that they can continue to use Intralink 3.4 (like me).

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? Anyone know anything about what the new PDM package will be like?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:mdristy)

Windchill Product Point 2.0 ?

It may be called "PDM Essentials."

egifford
4-Participant
(To:mdristy)

I remember finding something on the web that I believe was from the 2012 PlanetPTC Live. I can't find it now, but it looked like "Windchill in a Can". In other words and easier to deploy version with a more intuitive installer and configuration tool set. Not sure if it's defeatured compared to the current Windchill based PLM tools to make it "lite", or if it's just just easier to deploy. Should be interesting when it's unveiled. I don't imagine PTC is going to resurrect Intralink in its 3.X form in any way or re-release something based on a MS tool. I know there was a lot of effort recently by PTC from the documentation group to improve the Windchill docs. Perhaps they took something from that and the surveys they've done to dial in the deployment process. Whether that helps those on Intralink 3.X migrate any easier or not is another question.

Top Tags