cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Running Windchill as a Windows Service

NasarBagewadi
1-Newbie

Running Windchill as a Windows Service

Hi,

By using following command:

ant -buildfile <Windchill>\opt\ntservice\WindchillService.xml install

-DserviceName=WTService

I have added the windchill services to the windows services utility.

But it's not starting service automatically & when I tried to start it manually it's giving the error as:

"Could not start WTservice on Local computer

Error 1067:The process terminated unexpectedly "

Please reply me.

3 REPLIES 3

Override the default memory allocations by adding the following argument to the ant command:

-DmaxHeap=6 (for 64-bit)
-DmaxHeap=3(for 32-bit)

If the service cannot be started with those settings, the service should be removed and reinstalled with higher settings for
-DmaxHeap (2x or 3x the suggested value).

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dinesh_Tondy)

it may be related to the permissions on the service. are you starting the sercive as the person you installed it as?

It's not related to the permissions. When you run the script above in the Windchill Shell it setups the service to logon using a local system account.

I am also not sure if the DmaxHeap has anything do with it either.
<Windchill_Root>\opt\ntservice\WindchillService.xml install –DserviceName=Windchill –DmaxHeap=6

It's recommended to add the switch at the end of the script, but I don't think it's a must.
Have you checked yout logs to see what they say?

This is what I would do:

1. Check the properties of your Windows service, and make sure that the path to the executable is correct
    - I have seen this cause issues with installations with WC 9.x versions in the past
  2. Check the logs as they should / might indicate where your issue is.

Error 1067:The process terminated unexpectedly: This typically means that the service has stopped because the exe is trying to execute a piece of code or process a configuration, and the executable is unable to complete it's process.

Top Tags