cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SMJConsole parameter study guide ..

ManojC
1-Newbie

SMJConsole parameter study guide ..

Hi,

I am looking for Windchill JMX study guide .. like to know more about each opeartions possible in JMX tool. do we have any guide for that ??

kindly provide soem pointers ..

Regards

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ManojC)

Take a look at the "Java Management Extensions (JMX) and Windchill MBeans" section of the Windchill Specialized Administration Guide:
http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156798/en/WCSpecializedAdminGuide.pdf#Page=261

The "Windchill MBeans" section of the chapter provides documentation on some of the PTC provided MBeans.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jessh
5-Regular Member

For most any given operation or operation parameter (or attribute in recent versions of JConsole and VisualVM), one can see a tooltip (by hovering the mouse for a bit) giving a brief explanation of the item in question.

For a bit broader view of a given MBean, see the Javadoc for the corresponding MBean interface class.

For a high level of interesting MBeans, what one might do with them, etc, see the online help for starters. I'm sure there are other presentations floating around as well.

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:jessh)

I should also note that the PTC provided MBeans are found under com.ptc in the MBean tree in JConsole or VisualVM. These MBeans should almost all have meaningful tooltips for most everything.

The MBeans in other areas of the MBean tree are not provided by PTC and often have useless tooltips. For instance, the JVM's own built-in MBeans (e.g. those under java.lang) have no useful tooltips.

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst

Take a look at the "Java Management Extensions (JMX) and Windchill MBeans" section of the Windchill Specialized Administration Guide:
http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156798/en/WCSpecializedAdminGuide.pdf#Page=261

The "Windchill MBeans" section of the chapter provides documentation on some of the PTC provided MBeans.

thank yo all for reply ...

Top Tags