cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

SQL query to show the context of a file?

adawkins
1-Newbie

SQL query to show the context of a file?

In Intralink 3.4, I had a jsp page which ran an SQL query against oracleto show users what folder a file resided in. This allowed them to determine who to contact to get permissions to a file they couldn't see while still preventing them from browsing through the database -we have a number of products and they all control access to their own data . I'd like to do a similar thing for 9.1.

I have a Query Builder report which will show this information but since it goes through access control it won't show you anything for files you can't access. The View as SQL in Query Builder gives me a place to start but only gives numbers not the context name. Could anyone give me some hints on the correct SQL or a way to run the Query Builder report as a user who can view everything without giving the users access to that username and password.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Abby Dawkins

MCAD Support

KLA-Tencor Corp

(408)875-5892

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:adawkins)

"Bypass Access Control" as shown should be all that is needed. It will allow the report to list the object and its context without allowing users to drill down if they don't otherwise have access.

[cid:image001.png@01CB29DB.EE206C30]

The exploder can be a wonderful thing ;>)

----------
Announcements

Top Tags