cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Search For Objects - Someone's WS on the server-side

cying
10-Marble

Search For Objects - Someone's WS on the server-side

Is there a way I can see if an object is checked out or created in someone else’s WORKSPACE without admin privilege?

I am getting the FILENAME conflict and the object does not exist in any of my WORKSPACEs or in Windchill cabinet. I know the admin can search the object and pin point who has the same object name in their WORKSPACE.

Thank you in advance!

Calvin

4 REPLIES 4
adesai
2-Guest
(To:cying)

what's the windchill version? I guess latest one show the icon of other user checkdout status

cying
10-Marble

I have the latest NEW CADDOCUMENT which I need to check into Windchill. However, I have a FILENAME conflict which I know from the past someone has the same name uploaded to their WORKSPACE on the server-side.

The admin is able to find the object but not sure if this is a strictly an admin function.

I’m on CREO/Element and Windchill 9.1

I can tell is an object is CHECKED OUT by someone. This is for NEW CAD DOCUMENTS.

Calvin

adesai
2-Guest

10.0 does have.not sure if 9.1 does have. May be reporting frm report can help as an alternate to check objects status. Cont PTC TS for that

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Attached returns all Checked Out CAD Docs with Workspace and User. Can filter by workspace name, user, CAD Doc.

Import, then Expose this report to all users on Home, Reports.

Top Tags