cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Set State Robot not setting state.

mdebower
18-Opal

Set State Robot not setting state.

Okay,  This has to be something simple I am missing...

I am trying to set state in a workflow to Under Review and it isn't performing that action.  The workflow completes successfully, and does not hang, but the state isn't changed.

20170828-104209.png

4 REPLIES 4

Is underreview a valid state(defined in LC template) for the PBO?

Binesh,  yes it is...

20170828-115221.png

Do you need to have set state permission and also have it declared it in the lifecycle. Normally "Under Review" is defined as a "Lock" transition, so it's not a valid state. If you would like to lock it, then you need to have something like this:

wt.maturity.TransitionHandlerFactory.getInstance().transitionTargets(primaryBusinessObject, wt.lifecycle.Transition.LOCK, false);

Anyone solve this yet? I'm on windchill 11.1 and have a custom workflow and custom lifecycle using the custom workflow. It seems to skip over the set state, and goes to the approval/review activities with no issue, then skips notification of completion and then skips another setstate and finally never starts a second review activity. 

i have valid lifecycle states, and every state has the set state for every other state as an option. i can not figure out why this is not working.

Top Tags