cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Setting Change Management workflow

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Setting Change Management workflow

Under Preferences for Promotion Request is a setting for which promotion request workflow you want to use.

There is no similar setting for the Change Management preferences of Change Request, Change Notice or Change Activity. How do you select which workflow do use with these processes? The OIR for these specifies a renamed OOTB workflow for all three, but when I create a new Change Request, the OOTB workflow is being kicked off.

If I have the modified CR workflow enabled, then I get an error about having no permission to run the workflow.

Am I correct in assuming that the software is defaulting to the OOTB workflow when the one in the OIR is not enabled?

Any help in pointing to any documentation on how this works would be appreciated.

I am running WC10m040 PDMLink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Check the Lifecycles associated with each of your types (OIR), and check which Workflow those Lifecycles are using.

Also, OIR can be overridden with increased specificity - meaning Site level OIR's will be overridden by Org level OIRs will be overridden by a specific Product Context OIR.

Being inherently lazy, I prefer to manage OIR's at the Org level if at all possible

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Don't know about a documentation pointer but we just set up our own clone of the OOTB workflow.

My understanding of the "chain of objects" is: A (Soft)Type points to a OIR which points to a LifeCycle which points to the Workflow.

So in short if you jump into the chain at the OIR you start by introducing your own modified LifeCycle which in turn points to your own Workflow

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Check the Lifecycles associated with each of your types (OIR), and check which Workflow those Lifecycles are using.

Also, OIR can be overridden with increased specificity - meaning Site level OIR's will be overridden by Org level OIRs will be overridden by a specific Product Context OIR.

Being inherently lazy, I prefer to manage OIR's at the Org level if at all possible

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:kpritchard)

Keir is right. Check the Workflow tab of the lifecycle associated with the change object. It will have a worflow template specified.

Top Tags