cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Should most/all workflows go through a CR and a CN or can you release data with something independently

dmayfield
4-Participant

Should most/all workflows go through a CR and a CN or can you release data with something independently

I'm a little confused on the best practices of workflows and if you can just create workflows to simply release data (with department checks).

1. Can I create a "Release" workflow and have it run on my WTparts without having it go through a CR/CN first?

2. I don't see any option to add a workflow to the dropdown on New -> <Workflow>, could I add it there or do I have to initiate the workflow from the workflow templates page

3 . What is the impact of just running it through a release workflow opposed to a CR/CN first?

I have a bunch of data that I just want to get released while going through our standard engineering checks but I don't want it to go through the engineering change notice or request because there isn't any "changes" on it yet...

1 REPLY 1

Couple of options for a one-time "release" of existing data:

1. If you get all in the same search results, or browse to, select all and simple Set State.

2. Assuming the lifecycle template for all includes a valid Promotion Transition, collect all onto a single Promotion Request.  Possibly would have to re-assign approval Task to yourself.

Top Tags