cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Solidworks and Windchill

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Solidworks and Windchill

Is anyone out there using Solidworks and Windchill? I've posted this on the Solidworks Community support site as well.

At my company, we are using Windchill 9.1 M050 with Solidworks 2010 SP4.0. Eventually we will be migrating to Windchill 10.1 and Solidworks 2013. We also run various versions of Pro/E (Wildfire 3, 5, and Creo2). We do run Solidworks 2011 and 2012 as well, just not with Windchill.

My issue is as follows: when renaming components within Windchill, we encountered an issue with an assembly (approximately 850 unique components) opening up missing the recently renamed components. They are listed in the tree with the old name and supressed. To make matters worse, it's not a consistent error and the error cannot be recreated with any sort of repeatability. After components are renamed, the assembly may or may not recognize the name change. And even if the assembly pulls up clean, it may not the next time it is accessed or downloaded to the workspace. We've tried removing and recreating workspaces, had other users tried to repeat the error, but it seems to be completely random when it occurs. Has anyone experienced this? If the error could be repeated with any consistency, I would at least be a bit relieved that we could diagnose the source, but it appears to be completely random.

1 REPLY 1

Mike,

I have experienced the same thing.

However in my scenario, i had 1 part 2 configurations.

The assembly accepted one of the configs and not the other. (suppressed the old one as you indicated)

Once i opened my newly renamed file in solidworks and did a replace and unsuppressed the item saved back to my workspace and checked in the assembly, the issue resolved itself and it opens correctly now.

I am not sure if this is helpful or not.

I am using 10.1 Windchill with SW 2012

Top Tags