cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution: Can I disable the "Move To" button for folders in Intralink ?

Solution: Can I disable the "Move To" button for folders in Intralink ?

Here is a solution that works perfectly (Thanks to Thomas):

define a pre event trigger for the event 'move folder' and set it to 'required':
-> Administration -> Trigger -> New -> Event type 'Folder Move' , 'Pre', 'Required' -> OK (Trigger name, dll name and function name can be set to dummy'.
If you don't have any trigger library created the trigger receives an error, a message pops up and the operation cannot be executed.
If you nevertheless want to move a folder, disable the trigger by setting "On/Off" to false.

Hello,
I received one reply but no solutions. A folder seems to be different from an object. I can take away "Move Object" privileges and I can still move folders anywhere I want as long as I have "Edit Folder" privileges. As I mention in my original message this highlights a data security issue with allowing folders to inherit authorizations from a parent folder rather than specifying authorizations for every folder explicitly. I wound up doing just that - Going to every subfolder and defining authorizations. This way even if someone moves a folder, the objects it contains are still protected by the authorizations defined for that folder
Mike
Original question:
Hello,
Is it possible to disable the "Move To" button for folders in the Intralink Administration window? I want my users to have "Edit Folder" privileges so they can create subfolders but I don't want them to be able to move folders.
A worst case example would be moving a folder full of released drawings from under a parent folder that doesn't have "Delete" privileges to a different parent folder that does have "Delete" privileges.
The only workaround I've come up with is to monitor subfolder creation and specify authorizations for every subfolder so that a moved folder carries its authorizations with it rather than inheriting authorizations from its new parent folder.
Thanks,
Mike Foster
ATK SPACE SYSTEMS
ABLE Deployable Systems