cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sorting folder table in 9.1M050

cc-2
6-Contributor

Sorting folder table in 9.1M050

hello

Does anybody have any information when PTC will sort basic issues such as been able to sort correctly table.

We had that problem in 9.0 but they knew we wanted to update to 9.1. So they never send us a fix. Now we are in 9.1 and the problem is still not fixed. Windchill cannot sort folder table correctly (1 sort or up to 3 sort) for attributes with values. It considers it is text.

If you sort by one column you have something like this

etc...

When you sort with 2 columns things are getting worse and I spare you an example.

As you can imagine this generate a lot of confusion, errors and risk that somebody takes the wrong decision.

Do you have the same issue on your system ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
tbusch
1-Newbie
(To:cc-2)

Well it looks like it's simply sorting via alphanumeric order, rather than as numbers. Is there any way you can specify that the column is numeric and not alphabetical?

Another option would be to try to pad your numbers with zeros on the left, so you guarantee there are always the same number of digits. This would make your example look like this:

I know it's not the greatest answer but it would work.

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hello

thanks for your help. I should have given more details. Those attributes are defined as Real Number and are mapped to PDMLink when a user check in is ProE cad model. In the cad model the parameter is related to the relevant dimension on the model.

Cheers

Top Tags