cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Spreadsheet of Performance Articles in the Technical Support Knowledge Base

vaillan
5-Regular Member

Spreadsheet of Performance Articles in the Technical Support Knowledge Base

Attached is a spreadsheet containing all of the Windchill articles relating to Performance which have been published to the web along with their relative 'reuse' rate.  An article is considered reused when it is linked to a case.  It doesn't mean that article led to the case resolution but rather it part of the work done for that case.  One case can be linked to multiple articles.

Is having data in this format helpful, and would you have interest in seeing similar data for areas beyond Windchill Performance?  I'm interested in your perspective please leave a comment below or send me an email with your thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen,

I just stumbled across your blog... WOW!  Thanks for posting all of this great information!  As an Oracle DBA with minimal Windchill knowledge I find this information extremely useful.

In regards to your spreadsheet of articles - yes the format is good.  Seeing the number of references to the documents illustrates their relative importance so those will draw my eyes quicker.

vaillan
5-Regular Member
(To:vaillan)

It looks like the complete question wasn't included above, the complete question is below.

--------

Stephen,

I just stumbled across your blog... WOW!  Thanks for posting all of this great information!  As an Oracle DBA with minimal Windchill knowledge I find this information extremely useful.

In regards to your spreadsheet of articles - yes the format is good.  Seeing the number of references to the documents illustrates their relative importance so those will draw my eyes quicker.

I have two unrelated questions that I am hoping you would be able to comment on.

1. Does Windchill 10.0 support using Oracle SCAN addresses?  The Windchill Administrator that I was working with couldn't seem to make this work by just specifying the SCAN address and we needed to fall back to specifying three server names and load_balance=yes.

2. How does one determine the ojdbc.jar version being used by Windchill?  I suspect that our problems getting SCAN working has to do with an older ojdbc.jar being used than is required.  If there is a technical note on this can you please direct me to it?  I am having problems figuring this out.

Best Regards!

Ty Haeber

Solar Turbines

-----------------

Ty, thanks for the kind words.

For Question 1, I checked with development and Oracle SCAN is planned to be supported with release R10.2 of Windchill. 

The JDBC driver version being used output by the method server during startup, in the file I was looking at it was around line 138 in the file.

2012-09-28 05:47:01,566 INFO  [main] wt.pom.properties - Connection: datastore=Oracle(Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options) jdbcVersion=11.2 driver=Oracle JDBC driver(11.2.0.3.0) driverVersion=11.2

The proecude to replace/update the ojdbc.jar file is in the article CS48576 I might download and install the version you planning to use to see if it solves the problem, if it works and you want to use Oracle SCAN we can try and work to get development to support it earlier for you.

Stephen

Top Tags