cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Standard Attribute Column Type for Hyperlink Soft Attribute

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Standard Attribute Column Type for Hyperlink Soft Attribute

Hi Everyone,
I would like to create a soft attribute of type hyperlink on the WTPart but I don't know what the right data type is to give the AddColumns command. The attribute will reference another WTPart but not in the typical "uses" fashion. Would it be the Object Reference type?

The following column datatypes are supported:
* String
* Long
* Double
* Boolean
* Timestamp
* ObjectReference
* InlineBLOB

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CE2557.608DA0C0]

4 REPLIES 4

Mike,
Would it be possible to create the hyperlink to the master object to avoid getting "stuck"? Another possible alternative is to use the Alternates functionality.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CE255C.F143E2A0]

I want to identify when Part 123 is "Superceded By" Part 987. To accomplish this I think I have to use a combination of life cycle state and the Alternates functionality. Part 123 would be promoted to RELEASED_NOT_MAINTAINED (users should not use this object) and then add Part 987 as an alternate for Part 123.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CE2560.1580BE10]

I know there has been other discussion on this but it would be string not an object reference.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Thanks everyone for the help, however with further discussion with my team we will use the Alternates functionality rather than a new attribute.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE2564.F417C980]
Announcements

Top Tags