cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Still can't copy (save as) one user to a new one.

Bucknut
1-Newbie

Still can't copy (save as) one user to a new one.

This follows on the discussion I initiated about WC10.0. Was replied to that the functionality had been restored in WC10.1 M020. Well we're now on 10.1 M050 and the functionality still is not - repeat NOT - there. The paragraph below is from my reply to that discussion.

So if it was included in 10.0 M050 why doesn't it work in 10.1 M050?????? Did they remove it again? There is a help page but what it says does not work. There is NO right click point that brings up a "Save As New User" option. Line one of the Saving As a New User states: "Select Save As New User from the right-click actions menu of an existing user within the Participant Administration table." Right click actions menu? If that means to right click on the actions pull down why doesn't it say that? But even so all that happens is a standard windows set of options. If you place the cursor over an existing user and right click you get a No Actions to Display message.

Here's the original thread: Adding a new user - PTC Community

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Bucknut)

I am on 10.1 M050 and I have it. You need to right-click on the use name in the Participant Administration page.

Save As New User.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I am on 10.1 M050 and I have it. You need to right-click on the use name in the Participant Administration page.

Save As New User.jpg

Bucknut
1-Newbie
(To:STEVEG)

Steve,

Thanks. I was adding the group ‘engineers’ lets say, to the participant list thinking I had to at least bring in the group the new user would belong to, then clicking the link to list all those in the table. Right clicking on the individual to copy then produces the “No Actions to Display”. Your instructions work. The important item here is the pull down listing the various types of participants.

I still don’t believe the help instructions are nearly clear enough. When writing instructions it’s important to remember your audience does not already know the subject matter, else why would they need the instructions.

Again, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Mark

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I'm glad I could help. It doesn't happen often but there are brief moments.

Top Tags