cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary - WF2 - Ilink3.4 interaction

Highlighted
Marble

Summary - WF2 - Ilink3.4 interaction

I had quite a few responses. It was interesting in that the majority of people said their was really no performance issue, but about %30 said there was a big performance hit. I have a call open, and a PTC application engineer working with me. I have tried several settings, re-saved all components in my test assy in WF2, verified family tables, but nothing seems to make any more than a couple seconds difference.
I have found one thing interesting. Our assemblies are 90% sheetmetal. We have a copy of our models that we use for sales drawings that are very light weight, but not simplified reps. These are solid representations of our product simplified to see the exterior features only. Our equipment hooks together in the field, so we often need to show up to 20 assemblies in session at once, thus the need to go light weight. Well these models all are controlled by the exact same layouts that our engineering models are, so that they can stay in sync. They were designed in WF2, and that department runs WF2. Their intralink performance hit is minimal, like many of you report. When these guys open Pro/e with no intralink, then link to a workspace via a toolkit dll (our preferred method) it is lighting fast. I checked their model into one of our huge 16,000 object workspaces, and linked using the toolkit method, and it was still fast. Our engineering models, running under the exact same configs, on the same machine, are dog slow. We are seeing both sides of the coin right in our own building.
But getting back to the solution, there is none as of yet. This will be resolved one way or another. It may take PTC coming here themselves. I will re-post a summary when a solution is reached.