cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Teams/Libraries

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Teams/Libraries

My company utilizes one windchill environment, but we have two distinct publications groups that will never share information or roles. I'm debating whether it is better to create two separate organizations, or simply two libraries. This also affects how I will put together a context team. The other publication groups is utilizing a library right now and have groups, but have no teams or life cycles in place. I'm hoping to understand and set up for both. I've been studying Windchill text for a little while now, but am still new in terms in of experience. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you

1 REPLY 1

I would create two libraries having distinct roles/members (as you mentioned) under its context team. That way membership and access issues will be taken care of.

Better to keep single organization unless you have strong business reason for it. Try to analyze if the two publication groups physically exist in same organization structure of your company, and that will help you map exactly the same in Windchill. I guess these will be in same organization but different departments. If thats the case, just treat seperate libraries as different departments.

Hope that helps.

Top Tags