cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Trying to find the dedicate queue object for a particular workflow template

crosato
1-Newbie

Trying to find the dedicate queue object for a particular workflow template

We currently use 2 generic workflow templates to run some large, user-requested reports in the background, which then email the user the data when complete. Right now, we have certain reports pointing to one worflow and the remaining reports pointing to the other. I'm in the process of creating some sort of queue manager, which will grab whatever workflow template is free. The problem I've run into is that our admin has mentioned that he has seen the WfPropagationQueue_##### and WfUserWorkQueue_##### change their ending numeric values. He has the assumption that when the workflow is edited, and subsequently checked-in, it creates a new set of the 2 queues. I had originally planned to just quickly check each queue (hardcode the queue value in a prop file), but if the numbers can change I don't want to do that. What I'm trying to find out is, if there is a way that I can find out what dedicated queue is assigned to a particular workflow template that has dedicated queues enabled. Something like an api/method that I can pass the workflow object and return the queue object.
1 REPLY 1

I believe the # to which you are referring is the ida2a2 value of the
template object. So, you could find the latest id value with the following
sql query...

select ida2a2 from wfprocesstemplate where latestiterationinfo=1 and
name='NAME OF TEMPLATE';

Best Regards,
Bill Palm
Director - RAPiDS Support Center
ProductSpace Solutions, Inc.
Office: 630.495.2999 X8102

Announcements