cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Two Level approval Process

giridhar82
1-Newbie

Two Level approval Process

HI

I am using wc10 and have associated OOTB Two level approval process, in promotion preference Manger.

I see that, after approvals at level 1 and level 2 are complete, only the promotion object moves to Approved state.

However, the assicated document still will be in Initial state.

I would like to how do we promote Document to Released state , once all level of approvals are complete?

Also ,when promotion approval request object is created, the document should be in Under review state.

Thanks in Advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Giri,

I had the same problem where PTC support helped me to figure it out.

Below is the reply from Support

OOTB Windchill uses "Promotion Request Approval Process" and "Promotion Request Review Process" workflows for promotion. When an object (WtPart, Wtdocument, EPMDocument) is promoted an 'Promotion Notice' object is created and the workflow process is initiated on this object. All the set state robots used in the workflow would modify the state of the PBO(Primary Business Object) which is promotion notice in this case.

If you refer to the OOTB promotion process, there is a conditional router used as shown below in the Screen shot. This router has the following expression:

The highlighted portion in the expression is used to change the state of the original object

-----------------------------------------

wt.maturity.PromotionNotice pn = (wt.maturity.PromotionNotice)primaryBusinessObject;

try

{

wt.util.WTProperties props = wt.util.WTProperties.getLocalProperties();

VERBOSE = props.getProperty("wt.maturity.verbose",VERBOSE);

}

catch( Throwable t )

{

}

try{

wt.maturity.MaturityServerHelper.setDefaultBaselineForGenerics(pn);

} catch (wt.maturity.MaturityException me){

if ( VERBOSE )

me.printStackTrace();

result="Rejected";

}

As you are using OOTB Two Level Approval Process which is not meant for Promotion, the expression is missing in the workflow process. I would suggest you to modify the Two Level Approval Process to accommodate the expression. The expression contains a global Variable 'VERBOSE' of type Boolean which need to be created to avoid any Syntax error in the expression.

I have added conditional router and the expression in the Two level Approval Process at my end and found that the state of the object gets changed successfully. (Attached my workflow for your reference.)

Thanks,

Shrikant

Thanks Srikanth for the quick reply.

Thanks Srikant for the quick reqply,

Let me try it on my system. I am on wc10 and looks like its created on older version,

Hence i could not export.

I am tryting to make changes as per you suggestions.

Try adding this property to your site.xconf file, propagate it and
restart your MS. It allows for imports of older version workflows. I
used it to import 8.0 workflows into a 9.1 system.

<property name="wt.ixb.import.allowCrossReleaseImport"&lt;br"/>overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" value="true"/>

Mike

Thank you All for a reply!

Finally got this working.

Top Tags