cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Type and attribute constraints ingored by model parameters

StevenDumon
11-Garnet

Type and attribute constraints ingored by model parameters

We export the WTPart structure in Windchill via the Multilevel BOM Report. This provides us with an XML file which is used for various post-engineering tasks. For this reason we composed particular views of the Report to export the required attrbutes.

In some cases I witnessed incorrect input by designers that resulted in double attribute values on WTParts. The most common mistake is an assembly and a file in Creo with the exact same filename. At check-in, both documents get the same number and are therefore associated to the same WTPart. I believe some modifications of the association type (owner, contributing content, ...) is also required for this.

Our templates for both parts and assemblies have a number of designated model parameters, the same parameters apply to parts and assemblies (e.g. weight).

To avoid this situation I applied the single-value constraint to those attributes. When I create a part directly in Windchill, the contraint is considered, I cannot add multiple values to any of thoes attributes.

However, it appears to be possible to check-in the models again afterwards, en the designated parameters recreate the WTPart attribute with multiple values. Why aren't the WTPart constraints in Windchill validated during checkin ? Or can this be forced ?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags