Update CAD Parameter after a Windchill System Attribute is Renamed
- I would like to be able to rename a system attribute and have that update a CAD Parameter so that the parameter is always in sync with the associated Windchill System Attribute.
- Something similar can be done between CAD Parameters and Custom (soft) attributes. They are bi-directional so you can edit the windhcill attribute and it will update the CAD Parameter. I'm not so concerned with bi-directional. Once an attribute is in windchill, I intend to make changes in windchill.
- We have setup the Inventor parameter "Title" to populate the Windchill System Attribute "PTC_WM_NAME". If we decide torename PTC_WC_NAME later, it is desirable that the "Title" be updated. If these don't stay in sync it could be confusing to users.
- System attributes updating CAD parameters doesn't appear to be supported by OOTB functionality, but is seems like there should be a creative way to make this work.
- Would it be possible for the system attribute to update a custom attribute which in turn updates the CAD Parameter?
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! We are using the Autodesk Inventor wgm, but please don't let that keep you from posting, even if you're not sure if this might affect the solution.