cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Update Query Builder Report - Windchill Shell

jmccormick-4
7-Bedrock

Update Query Builder Report - Windchill Shell

Hello,

Does anyone know what the command is (if there is one) to edit reports in the query builder using the Windchill shell?

Ideally I'd like to be able to completely replace a report already in the Query Builder with a .qml file, but still keep the original report ID.

If this isn't possible, does anyone know the command to just upload a new report to the Query Builder in the form of a .qml file (I'm fairly sure that this is possible as I believe I've done it before)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can run a command similar to this

java wt.query.template.LoadSingleReportTemplate PSG_Method_RegenReport  /System E:/PSGreports/PSG_Method_RegenReport.xml "/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Orgname" -replace

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can run a command similar to this

java wt.query.template.LoadSingleReportTemplate PSG_Method_RegenReport  /System E:/PSGreports/PSG_Method_RegenReport.xml "/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=Orgname" -replace

Worked perfect thanks!

Hi Binesh,

I just have a quick follow up to this.

The command works as required but for some reason will not allow me to enter the username and password as part of the command.

When I usually run scripts in the Windchill shell it allows me to put the username and password into the command line and therefore doesn't prompt me for them after the command is run.

However with the above command - even if I enter the username and password in the same place in the command line (I've also tried various combinations for where to put the username and password) - it still prompts me for the username and password.

Do you have any idea what may be causing this or how I should enter the username and password into that command line?

Thanks for all your help!

Have you found or heard of a solution to enter the username and password at the command line rather than waiting for the password window?  For wt.load.LoadFromFile this is -u and -p.

Top Tags