cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Upgrade Manager Upgrade.xconf

JIMVANDRAGT
1-Newbie

Upgrade Manager Upgrade.xconf

Good Day All!

I'm about to perform a test upgrade to a PDMLink database. There is mention of the <codebase>/upgrade.xconf. Are there any values you would recommend setting prior to performing the upgrade?

Thanks

Jim Van Dragt
Information Technology
Herman Miller Inc.
616.654.5285 - Office
616.836.8394 - Cell

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jim,

I changed the values below during my Rehearsal one test upgrade to prevent the upgrade manager from timing out.

wt.upgrade.upgradeSchema.inactivityTimeOut=60000000
wt.upgrade.upgradeSchema.overallTimeOut=60000000
wt.upgrade.addConstraints.inactivityTimeOut=60000000
wt.upgrade.addConstraints.overallTimeOut=60000000

Basically what I did was add two extra zeros to the default values for these.

HTH,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Jim,

This is how my upgrade xconf looks

Property name="wt.inf.container.AddSharedTeamPolicyRulesToOrg"
targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="true"/>
<property<br/>name="wt.inf.container.internalGroupsMigrator.verboseExecution"
targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="true"/>
<property name="wt.upgrade.upgradeSchema.inactivityTimeOut"&lt;br"/>targetFile="db/db.properties" default="1200000"/>
<property name="wt.upgrade.upgradeSchema.overallTimeOut"&lt;br"/>targetFile="db/db.properties" default="1200000"/>
<property name="wt.upgrade.addConstraints.inactivityTimeOut"&lt;br"/>targetFile="db/db.properties" default="1200000"/>
<property name="wt.upgrade.addConstraints.overallTimeOut"&lt;br"/>targetFile="db/db.properties" default="1200000"/>
<property<br/>name="com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.directives.migrator.verbose"
targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="false "/>
<property<br/>name="com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.templatemigration.collaboration.option"
targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="ALL_TEAM_MEMBERS"/>

Best Regards
Rajesh Balasundaram

You need to be really careful about a few of those options. Please take a look at the upgrade to get a clear understanding of what these options will do. For example, the following property if set to ALL TEAM MEMBERS will add everyone to the new Collaboration Manager role. In my case, I did not want this, thus I used ONLY_ROLE. This kept the team roles as they were in the previous version.

<property name="&lt;b">com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.templatemigration.collaboration.option" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="ONLY_ROLE"/>

Also, I had to set the following property to true in order to get through the upgrade manager,

Sorry, mistakenly hit OK in the middle of typing on last post

I also setthis property to true,

<property name="&lt;b">com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.directives.migrator.verbose" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" default="true"/>

I recommend reading the upgrade guide on this section, and ensure that you have a clear understanding of what these properties control.

Here is the task list that I created. Some may not apply to you and needs to be updated based on you configuration and customizationsbut I hope it helps you out. I've used this on numerous upgrades.

You should also consider changing the memory allocation to atleast 1 GIG within the $WT_HOME/bin/UpgradeManager.sh to do this you need to add this in your site.xconf:

wt.upgrade.tools.java.args="-Xms1024 -Xmx2048m"

Top Tags