cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Upload to server side Workspace

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Upload to server side Workspace

Hello all,

I have a question hopefully somene out there can answer for me. We are on Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M020. I had a user today who had created some new designs in Pro/E and saved them to his workspace. He also uploaded them to the server side workspace. I was under the assumption that once objects were uploaded, they could be retreived from the server side even if the objects were removed from the workspace. This was a bad assumption on my part to make. So, what good is the upload if it does not safe guard your objects by placing them on the server?? Very confusing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Buddy Hudson

CAD/PDM Admin

Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions, LLC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The server side workspace is intended as a back up of what is in your local workspace. It does safeguard your objects, but does not prevent the an intentional removal of from the workspace which will be reflected both in local and server side workspace.

Sorry that your user lost some work, but I hope that makes sense now.

Celia Lee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The server side workspace is intended as a back up of what is in your local workspace. It does safeguard your objects, but does not prevent the an intentional removal of from the workspace which will be reflected both in local and server side workspace.

Sorry that your user lost some work, but I hope that makes sense now.

Celia Lee

Hey Celia,

Thanks for the clarification!

Buddy

Users can use following image for reference

Workspaces.jpg

Top Tags