cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

View based access control for MPLM

ptc-4533309
1-Newbie

View based access control for MPLM

We need access control based on "View" e.g. Manufacturing view should be accessible only to a role "Manufacturing engineer"

Does Windchill 10.1 supports it ? If not, is it included in Windchill product roadmap in future ?

We have different Manufacturing Plants, for these we need to create different Manufacting views for released eBOM.

In order to control access for Design and Manufacturing views we are creating different roles for Design engineer and Manufacturing Engineer.

Can we have access coontrols based on the view of the BOM?

Hello

We had exactly this use case.

As WTPart Views are independant "versions" of the same WTPartMaster, you are able to store each view in a different folder ( with a different administrative domain )

In the folder "Engineering", we give create/read/modifiy access to role Design Engineer and only read and new view to role Manufacturing Engineer.

In the folder "Manufacturing", we give create/read/modifiy access to role Manufacturing Engineer, and only read to role Design Engineer

With this , a design engineer is not able to create a new view, and a manufacturing engineer is only able to create a new view in his manufacturing folder ...

Be carefull , there's an issue known in technical Support (fixed by patch) for WC10 F000 to M030 about new view in different domain. new domain and accessrules are not correctly propagated. need this fix in order this solution work

If you don't want that your users set manually folders, you can automate this in Init rules , by a conditionnal test. depending of views ...

regards

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Very interesting!  Could you make an example of those INIT-rules available?

TIA,  Hugo.

Here's an example of setting a folder depending of an attribute

I haven't test it with the view <Attr id="view.id"/>. cause In my case, I'm testing another IBA attribute.

So I have <Attr id="My_IBA"/>    But it should work

regards

<!-- set the folder -->
               <AttrValue id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm">

<Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.BooleanBranch">
                     <Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.EqualsTest">
                        <Attr id="view.id"/>
                        <Arg>MANUFACTURING</Arg>
                     </Value>
                     <Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.StringConstant">
                          <Arg>/Default/Manufacturing</Arg>
                     </Value>
                     <Value algorithm="wt.rule.algorithm.StringConstant">
                        <Arg>/Default/Design</Arg>
                     </Value>
                  </Value>

</AttrValue>

Does PTC plans to have provision of explicit view based access control in Windchill future releases.

Any comments ?

This document was generated from the following discussion: View based access control for MPLM

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags