cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Viewing packages offline

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Viewing packages offline

Playing with packages here, have not used them ever. When viewing the offline index.hml, I notice that the content is all exported but when I click on the CAD docs, the page is blank. My library parts show up with thumbnails and such. Formats no, product objects no. WTParts yes, shows thumbnails. Representations show up as .jar files? What good is that? Is anyone using them and can explain this?

Antonio Villanueva - Sr. Software Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

What version of WC are you using?

[cid:image001.gif@01CE6291.20B9F1C0]

Steve Vinyard
Senior Solution Architect

Sry, 9.1

OK, well in my experience with this, the Index file wasn't helpful by much. In 10 its much better though. In 9.1 you just dug into the directory and had access to all of the native CAD files right there. The key is that all of the CAD files get run through the CAD worker for metadata synchronization before being delivered. This is the key, otherwise the metadata could be completely wrong (attributes, name, etc ).

I don't recall what the situation was regarding the representations. I think if they are PDF's (drawings) they will show but otherwise you need to use winzip/rar to open them. This is typically as a representation is multiple layers and not just a single object (one for the object, one for the markups etc). That's what I recall off hand at least. Don't take it as gospel.

There are some preferences that you can try adjusting and it can be finicky so perhaps something is failing.

[cid:image001.gif@01CE6295.57B87A80]

Steve Vinyard
Senior Solution Architect
Top Tags