cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Viewing rule conflicts in a big structure - Windchill 11 M010

ASodeik
4-Participant

Viewing rule conflicts in a big structure - Windchill 11 M010

We have a number of Business Rules in place - which work fine. But the rule conflict tells the user to solve it on the top level part only. But not specifically where in the structure the conflict is. Our structures are huge. 

Any idea or experience how to point the user to the conflict location in a huge structure?

thanks in advance    Andreas

7 REPLIES 7
jmomber
9-Granite
(To:ASodeik)

Are they custom business rules? We have a lot of them as well, and I give the user the information about which part is actually the problem in the error message.

Example:

@RBEntry("The component {0} has a blank Find Number value.")
public static final String FIND_NUMBER_ERROR_NULL = "FIND_NUMBER_ERROR_NULL";

ASodeik
4-Participant
(To:jmomber)

Thanks for your answer - I will forward it to our developer.

What is filling the find number value in your setup?

thanks in advance Andreas

jmomber
9-Granite

We actually made a custom attribute and don't use the OOTB findNumber attribute. Our attribute is a String value. Was that your question? 🙂

ASodeik
4-Participant

kind of - which logic is filling your find number values. That BIZ rules will highlight the conflict specifically.

Our BIZ rules are customized to our needs - but by using OOTB functionality

thanks Andreas

jmomber
9-Granite

So I'm not an engineer, so really all I can confidently say is that the Find Numbers are driven from the CAD and pushed to the WTPart on checkin. 🙂

We check for things like empty values, duplicate values, etc.

ASodeik
4-Participant

thanks for your input and help - I will forward it to our solution developer.

Is there anybody else - reading this conversation - who can help?

The message which is being displayed to the user can be customized. There are multiple possibilities and it depends on how far the programmer goes. He can stop at the first error and shows only a general error. Or he can identify the component which does make troubles or he even can run thru the complete structure and collects all the components which are not correct and shows all the errors at once.

Top Tags