cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Weird error when printing....from the video card?!?

mdebower
18-Opal

Weird error when printing....from the video card?!?

Hey Everyone, Happy Friday!!

I have a Windchill 10.1 user (no Pro/E) that gets an error from the video system when he tries to print from Creo View 2.0 Anyone have a solution or insight? The general process is that he searches for and opens a drawing in Windchill 10.1, clicks on the print command, switches the paper size to B (11x17), and tries to print, but gets the error instead.

The error is:

NVIDIA Open GL Driver
Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the application. The application must close.
Error code: 6

(See screenshot.)
[cid:image001.png@01CF5A1E.EE0C0E80]

-marc

Marc M. DeBower
CAD / PLM Systems Manager
TriMark Corporation

Trimark Values: Integrity Respect Accountability Innovative Teamwork

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Marc,

This is a known issue with Creo View and certain graphics cards. The simplest way to solve this is to set an environment variable of PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT to the value of 2048. I know it sounds strange, but it solves the issue. This is basically a hidden option that's controlled through an environment variable instead of the settings menu.

You can copy the text below into a file and give it an extension of .vbs if you want to automate setting the variable.

Regards,

Brian Geary

'---------------------------------------START SCRIPT ----------------------------------------------------
' This script will create or set an environment variable to fix an issue
' where CreoView prints a black sheet of paper rather than the drawing.
'
' Author: Brian Geary
' Date: 11/05/2012
'

option explicit

dim shell, objEnv, userName, userVar

Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'Get the current user's username
Set objEnv = shell.Environment("Process")
userName = objEnv("USERNAME")

'Create permanent "USER" environment variable
Set userVar = shell.Environment("USER")
userVar("PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT") = 2048

MsgBox "Creo View PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT has been set to 2048 for "+userName+". For the new setting to take effect, close and re-start Internet Explorer."
'-------------------------------------------END SCRIPT---------------------------------------------------

Brian Geary
Java Architect
Information Technology
hermanmiller.com

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion.

To test it, I typed in:
SET PV_OFF_SCREEN_SIZE_LIMIT=2048

But still got the error... any advice?

-marc

Thanks to Brian, I got this to work. As Brian pointed out to me, typing the SET command into a command window only enables the variable for that window, not for the whole session. I ran the script he sent along and it fixed the issue.

Thanks again, Brian!

-marc

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mdebower)

You could also manually set the environment variable from the Computer Properties window.
amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:mdebower)

Another option is to use the "setx" command which I believe used to come with the Windows Resource Kit but seems to be part of Windows 7 now. This is similar to the "set" command but stores the value as an environment variable that can be used immediately outside of the comman window where it was created.

I use this all the time in batch files or on the command line.

Top Tags