cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

What is the "Correct" way of setting the different Java process names for Methodservers?

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

What is the "Correct" way of setting the different Java process names for Methodservers?

I would like to change the process names of the various Windchill components so it is possible to differentiate between the FG and BG Methodserver process names, etc rather than having them all show up as Java.exe (ie Java_MS.exe Java_SM.exe and Java_BGMS.exe)

I have done it previously using the following properties in site.xconf:

But I get a load of warnings when I perform an xconfmanager -p:

operties instead
roperties instead

The only thread that I can see about this on PTCUser is not correct in my opinion as it loses all the command line options: http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/topic=16&post=72171#p72171

Does anyone know the "Correct" way of performing the same thing so that xconfmanager -p does not complain and so that I do not lose any commandline options that are needed along with maintaining the configuration assistant tuning values?

Thanks in advance

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:GaryMansell)

The correct way depends on which version of Windchill you're dealing
with here, but for recent versions you just do:

wt.manager.cmd.MethodServer.java.cmd.quoted=....
wt.manager.cmd.BackgroundMethodServer.java.cmd.quoted=....
wt.manager.cmd.ServerManager.java.cmd.quoted=....

--
Jess Holle

With the help of Jess, and a little experimentation, adding the following properties to the site.xconf seems to do the trick with the least effort, whilst retaining the command line options:

<property name="wt.manager.cmd.MethodServer.java.cmd.quoted" overridable="true" targetfile="codebase/wt.properties"&lt;br"/> value="C:\ptc\Java\jre\bin\java_MS.exe"/>
<property name="wt.manager.cmd.BackgroundMethodServer.java.cmd.quoted" overridable="true" targetfile="codebase/wt.properties"&lt;br"/> value="C:\ptc\Java\jre\bin\java_BGMS.exe"/>
<property name="wt.manager.cmd.ServerManager.java.cmd.quoted" overridable="true" targetfile="codebase/wt.properties"&lt;br"/> value="C:\ptc\Java\jre\bin\java_SM.exe"/>

This works on my Windchill 9.1 M060 System.

Rgds

Gary

Announcements

Top Tags