cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

When I Save As a WTPart with connected CAD objects and I select Re-use on the connected CAD objects they loose the connection to the new WTPart. I was expecting then to be carried forward. Does anyone know if there is a preference to ge the CAD objects ca

pmöllberg
4-Participant

When I Save As a WTPart with connected CAD objects and I select Re-use on the connected CAD objects they loose the connection to the new WTPart. I was expecting then to be carried forward. Does anyone know if there is a preference to ge the CAD objects ca

Save As should carry forward releated CAD objects that have been set as Reuse.

1 REPLY 1

Hi

there a misunderstanding about the "re use".  In save as , reuse just mean "re use the same child" if I Save as the assembly.

By default the Owner link between WTpart and CAD is 1-1 cardinality

Saving As the Wtpart will break the link. And you can't link the same CAD to différents WTparts

Since 10.2M030 PTC realeased the multi owner capability.  there's a special documentation to enable this feature.

One enable the behaviour will be:

If you save as a Wtpart and collect the CAD at the same time > give a new WTpart with a new associated CAD

If you save as a Wtpart without collect the CAD at the same time > give a new WTpart with the same associated CAD (ie multi owner link)

regards

Top Tags