cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Why does windchill take IP 169.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of taking hostname.domainname while installation?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Why does windchill take IP 169.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of taking hostname.domainname while installation?

Hi all,

I have installed windchill muktiple number of times but this time I got stuck at a place and I didnot understand what actually was happening. 

Situation: While installing PDMLink on windows server 2012, LAN was connected. Internet was working fine. Static IP address was also provided. But when ldap server and windchill dns server registered name entry came it automatically took ip address starting with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of 'hostname.domainname'. As per my understanding usually when the internet link is broken ip address automatically changes to 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. But when all those were working fine why did it take that ip address? I completed the installation, windchill was accessible on server but when I tried to connect to client machine it gave me error and connection was failed (connection was broken/unable to establish). In host file I had configured standard "static ip and hostname.domainname" format asusaul.

Why did this happen? What is the problem? Can anyone please explain me this and help me out? Should I reinstall everything or is there any work around? Have you ever faced this problem previously?

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags