cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Will referenced objects such as ICN in a DMC automatically included in a package?

KF_10432003
5-Regular Member

Will referenced objects such as ICN in a DMC automatically included in a package?

I am trying to create a package and add the required contents into it but wasn't sure whether the referenced objects such as ICNs or DMCs automatically included with the package for a selected DMC. Any inputs on this is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:KF_10432003)

Please translate TLAs. What is an ICN or a DMC?

KF_10432003
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

ICN stands for Illustration Control Number. It's most often referenced within a DMC, Data Module Code, 

Hello @KF_10432003 

I would like to mention that you are talking about Windchill Service Information Manager

Also it would be nice to share more context about your case. 

Where do you have the issue? Package? what kind of collector are you talking about?

Share some screenshots what is not clear to you? 

Reference objects can be whatever you can imagine in the Windchill system. 

Depends on links. CAD Document Drawing/Assembly/3DPart - WTPart eBOM/mBOM - WTDocument - ProcessPlan - Operation - Change Request - Change Notice - Change Tasks - Promotion Requests and so on. 

There are many references you can collect. 

PetrH 

KF_10432003
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

I am fairly new to Windchill.  Our company creates ICNs and DMCs on Windchill for digital publishing. For a particular publishing, I want to include only the ICNs and DMCs that are required. So for a specific publishing, I created a PMC and added the necessary landing pages or DMCs to it.

On the package, I  added the PMC as the content of the package. The landing pages themselves contain the referenced DMCs and those referenced DMCs would contain DMCs or ICNs that are referenced by them.  Why question is would I need to manually add the referenced DMCs to the package or are automatically add to the package once the PMC is added?

OR is there something that I can do on the Packages action in the Set Preference utility to make that happen?

KF_10432003_0-1702909883117.png

Hi @KF_10432003 

If you can find your super parent object type in the preference collector then you can set to collect it.

If not, it is a pity

PetrH

KF_10432003
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you! 

That's very helpful.

@KF_10432003 

Sorry for my late reply but this thread went out of my attention 😄 

PetrH

Top Tags