cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill 10.2 Identical Node Cluster

ptc-6679044
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.2 Identical Node Cluster

Hi

I am trying to configure a 10.2 identical node type cluster with two nodes obviously one of which will be the active master.

As per the Advanced Config Guide (http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156979/en/WCAdvDeployGuide.pdf), the 2 properties that need to be set are:

wt.rmi.server.hostname=A

wt.cache.master.slaveHosts=B, C, D

Both these properties are set. But when I start Windchill, the MethodServer will start only on that node which is started first. For Ex. if I start Windchill on Node # 1 first, the Server Manager and the MethodServer both come up on it. But on node # 2 which is started after node # 1, only the Server Manager starts and never goes beyond the following line:

INFO : wt.manager.CacheMasterNegotiator - Master stub retrieved: ServerManagerImpl$MasterServerManagerImpl_Stub[UnicastRef [liveRef: [endpoint:[xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx:5002](remote),objID:[-2dd23186:148e7679245:-7ffd, -7282938796370177322]]]]

No MethodServer on node # 2. If I go back to node # 1 and kill the Server Manager and MethodServer processes there, a Method Server process is initiated on node # 2 almost immediately. I believe whats happening is that the ServerManager on node # 1 starts and registers itself as the master (by putting the entry in the RMISTUBS database table). Then as per the expected functioning of a 10.2 cluster, the Server Manager on node # 2 appears to be waiting for the Server Manager on node # 1 to go down by checking the RMISTUBS table every few seconds and as soon as the SM on N#1 goes down it springs into action and starts a MS.

While this logic seems to be correct, I actually need the MS to start on N#2 as well while its SM is on the lookout for the SM on N#1 to go down. Isnt't that how it is supposed to be? Am I misssing something in the configuration here? Maybe something other than the 2 properties mentioned before need to be set?

3 REPLIES 3

Hey, did you understand the problem and got any solution? I'm also facing a similar issue of Server manger hang-up in an identical cluster node setup.

Please let me know if any fix you found. Thanks

samahali
5-Regular Member
(To:psethia-3)

We are encountering the same issue for a WC11 M030 installation. Appreciate if anyone can share the solution that solved the issue. 

Same. @samahali , any chance you remember the solution 6 years back?

- Mike P.
Top Tags