cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill/PDMLink 10.1 Search Keyword operator (AND, OR) syntax

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Windchill/PDMLink 10.1 Search Keyword operator (AND, OR) syntax

I know that the AND operator can just be used with caps and spaces (e.g. Electronics AND circuit), however the same syntax for OR is not working.  How do you search something like this:

Electronics AND circuit OR board

I know WC 11 can probably do this much easier, but I am asking for 10.1 because that is what we are on now and will be for a while.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This works for me - (rehosting AND pdmqa) OR pdm , returns all the files which has rehosting and pdmqa or the ones with pdm in it.. This works too - (rehosting && pdmqa) || pdm

Just to verify is the user search preference set to advanced

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This works for me - (rehosting AND pdmqa) OR pdm , returns all the files which has rehosting and pdmqa or the ones with pdm in it.. This works too - (rehosting && pdmqa) || pdm

Just to verify is the user search preference set to advanced

Binesh Kumar‌,

I just tried both of those methods and the first one using AND/OR gets less results with the OR part, and the second one using && and || returns a search syntax error.

I'll check on the advanced search option...

You are right, it was set to a simple search.  I also didn't realize that that setting, by default, is allowed to be change by the user.  So I set it and did one of the same searches again, using your syntax, and returned equal to or more results than without the OR.  The following example contains the syntax that I used with Advanced Search Preference on:

(rehosting OR pdmqa) AND (pdm OR Link)

Thank you for your help Binesh Kumar!

I also tried the || and && method and that works now too!

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:LawrenceS)

From the help files.

If you type in electronics;board (no spaces) it will return nothing.  Putting a space after the semicolon does have results.

Steve Galayda‌,

I get less results when I use the semicolon (without a space I get none, and with a space I get some but less).  So this tells me that the semicolon method is not working.

Top Tags