cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill PDMLink on Windows Server 2008 Apache service not starting

rconnole
1-Newbie

Windchill PDMLink on Windows Server 2008 Apache service not starting

I have been able to do a complete installation of an out of the box configuration of PDMLink on a Windows 2008 Server. In setting up the servers manually I am able to get tomcat, the method server and server manager to launch properly. The fly in the ointment is apache. i successfully created it using ant and got no errors in generating it. However when I try to set it to start it gives an error code of 1 and contact the vendor as it is a non microsoft service. PTC has been slow to respond and I'd like to have a functional server. For me to access windchill I have to remain logged in with apache started manually by the icon or launched from a windchill shell. As soon as I log out it dies so I have to disconnect and remain logged in to keep it up and work through the interface on my workstation.. has anyone experienced this and how do you resolve the error code 1? Any and all help is appreciated. i will share that I found that the method server will not autamatically and will include this tip on how to start the ldap.

1. Open C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\WindchillDS\server\bat\control-panel.bat

2. Select "Runtime Options" and start the WindchillDS service.

3. Select Runtime Options - Windows Service, and enable the Windows Service Integration.

4. Shut down the existing Windchill Server Manager process.

5. Restart Windchill using the "windchill start" command.

Once you've made sure that the Windows Service Integration is enabled, then WindchillDS will start automatically when the server starts up

This was provided by Andrew Arons of PTC when my method server died and would not restart.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Ray,

1) Can you share the Logs.

2) Windows 2008 Server has some enhanced Security features so you might have to check what your user privileges are on the System.

Apache needs admin privileges to start on the Windows 2008 System, Check once that also.

Thanks

Mayur

Hi Ray,

I've just implemented a fresh Intalink 9.1 install for a customer and had the same issue. The fix was to remove the service and navigate to the config.properties file located in the Apache directory. Edit the file and look out for SSL=True at the bottom (this is what ours was set to by default) I then changed this value to false and reinstalled the service: ant -f config.xml installService -DserviceName=Apache

Restarted Windchill and presto... Apache service starts fine

-=D

Top Tags