cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Windchill Requirements for Digital Asset Management?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Windchill Requirements for Digital Asset Management?

Hi,

Curious if anyone out there is using Windchill for Digital Asset Management (DAM) and working with images, videos and audio files? If so, what methods, techniques or customizations have you implmented for it?

I'm also curious how many customers would have an interest in DAM as a component of Windchill? I have been collecting requirements for multi-media artifacts in Windchill, but would like to get a better understanding of the customer need. At a minimum, I would like to consider support for new Windchill objects; image, audio and video that would support the following capabilities.

• meta-data extraction from uploaded image/audio/video files
  • full support for all image/audio/video formats
  • real-time, Web 2.0 image/audio/video viewing
  • ability to embed web-enabled image/audio/video editor or service
  • ability to download images/audio/video in any format (real-time conversion)
  • new view management options in the browser
    • needs more than just a folder view
    • variable size thumbnail views
    • film reel view (small thmbnails w/large preview)
  • provide a full size/fit preview URL for consumption/distribution
  • provide a streaming preview URL for consumption/distribution
3 REPLIES 3
erivas
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Hi Scott,

I am sure I am not the target market you are ideally seeking, but absolutely yes from our end. In one of your Robotalk presentations you mentioned about having FIRST Windchill as our video depository and was expecting that if I clicked on the video it would at least ask me what video player to launch and it doesn't. For the most part I wanted to include training videos and screencast sessions of how to do functions in Creo Parametric. Maybe I have not set up Windchill properly for this function, so I am still investigating. So while looking around the community for an answer, I ran into this post.

As a component of FRC is an animation video production, your hit list above would be appropriate. For this year Jesuit HS is really going to attempt presenting the Safety Video which will be requiring 3D Studio Max and its corresponding file types which will also include video formats.

One very special feature that would be nice, which I have not seen any vendor provide, is adding video timeline tags within a video so that if there is a particular topic one is interested in reviewing it will play only that portion of the video when selected. These perhaps can be selected by clicking hyperlinks or metatags of the topic. Maybe this would be feasible through the video meta data features of some video formats.

Would you mind to be included as a project manager to our Windchill Projects for Jesuit HS in Tampa?

Regards,

-Emil

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:erivas)

Emil, great feedback. You can definitely add me to your team's Windchill project.

erivas
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks, I am looking forward to the kickoff of Robotalk tonight! Its almost as good if not better than anxiously waiting to watch a good football, soccer, or tennis match, on T.V. LOL! It is more exciting; in my opinion, because the fans get to interact with the playing team as well. Even better; you guys are in Needham, MA and I am in Tampa, FL now how cool is that.

Top Tags