cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill business reporting issue

ptc-5221731
1-Newbie

Windchill business reporting issue

I am installing WBR 10.2 on existing 10.1 machine.

I have 2 machine,the machine where I am installaing contains only previuos 10.1 reporting folder and parts link server.

I am getting error while installing WBR 10.2,related to path .

n existing installation of Windchill Business Reporting has been detected in D:\ptc\Windchill_10.1\Reporting. A new installation of Windchill Business Reporting cannot be performed until the existing installation is uninstalled and the machine is rebooted.

Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2

Registry settings for other/old WBR installation is causing this issue. Need to move the existing reporting folder to some other location and then check for registry settings pointing to that location using free softwares like CCleaner to clean the unncecessary registry settings.

Thanks,
Shivprasad
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5221731)

Steps to uninstall WBR are as follows:

• Run uninst.exe to uninstall Cognos.( In windows path to uninst.exe ptc\Windchill_10.1\PSI\Reporting\uninstall )
  1. 1. Open "regedit" to open the Windows registry file session
  2. 2. Select "My Computer" as the main root folder.
  3. 3. Find "cognos" as the keyword to search any registry entry belongs to previous cognos installation.
  4. 4. When the search of "cognos" operation found the entry, remove it (delete).
  5. 5. Repeat step 3 and 4 until there is no "cognos" registry entry available on the Windows registry file.
  6. 6. Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cognos 8"
  7. 7. Reboot the machine.

Best Regards,

Kaushik

Top Tags