cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill "Day in the Life" Survey

Rebecca_R
5-Regular Member

Windchill "Day in the Life" Survey

The Windchill Design Team is conducting a short survey to better understand the day-to-day activities within PTC Windchill.  This information will help the team clarify next steps as the Next Generation User Interface and Experience is being implemented.  This is a great place to share your thoughts on the product- what you love, your frustrations, and everything in between! 

This survey will be open until July 1st.  Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Click here to complete the survey! 

11 REPLIES 11

This survey is really focused at Windchill users and not Windchill administrators. I struggled to complete it as an admin.

Hi @ScottMorris 

Do not hesitate and fill up the form. Your admin perspective is definitely valuable for PTC.

PetrH

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:ScottMorris)

Yes,

For an admin this was an irrelevant questionnaire. Then again, only few users have access to PTC Support or Community therefore not ever going to answer this. Of course, latter can be considered a reminder to create users this access and instruct them to use it, but very few will have the time for it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:HJ1)

Our users all have access to PTC support and and to this community but most of them never use either one.  Pretty much all questions and support issues end up going through me instead.

One of the concerns I have about this survey is the inability end users have of knowing which functions in Windchill are 'out of the box' and which functions are things we've added on.  I would guess that more than 50% of our users time in Windchill is spent on non-PTC functions that we've added to make their lives easier (custom search utilities, custom batch printing, etc.)  The users who fill out this survey aren't going to realize this difference when selecting 'View and print drawings and parts' (for example).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Rebecca_R)

What if a user doesn't find three of these capabilities helpful?  The survey will not complete unless three are selected.

TomU_0-1655297241916.png

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

This is where only-admin -user filling the survey stumbled bad   😁

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:HJ1)

Our user base only uses maybe two of these items.  How are they going to find the other ones helpful if they've literally never used them.  (No WT parts, no BOM management, no classification, no report usage, etc.)

Not able to complete the survey = no matter what I do, it returns this:

MikeLockwood_0-1655305658765.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

Only check 3.  Not more, not less.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

... and 'Other' counts as 1.

Thank you for your comments and questions

1. The goal of this survey is for end users and we would love for you to share it with your uers.  Reaching feedback from administrators is easier and our goal for this particularly was to have it shared with users to get their feedback directly.  We view this as a starting point to collect some data and is just the start of some broader opportunities for UX and UI feedback.
  2. You can share the survey link to all users as it is a SurveyMonkey survey and does not require any PTC account to participate
  3. If you have any questions please let me know
Top Tags