cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill shell is not working from Command prompt or PowerShell for deployment aspect?

Kutal
4-Participant

Windchill shell is not working from Command prompt or PowerShell for deployment aspect?

As part of Automation need to deploy below build.xml through Azure Devops release pipeline

but getting following error same has been tried in system as well but the result is same 

Note : with windchill shell its working fine.

Buildfile: D:\test0719\build_S2_W6.xml

********************************************************************************
!+! STARTED @ Tue Jul 19 10:45:59 UTC 2022
********************************************************************************
[import] Didn't locate Windchill at or above build file's directory. Searching environment and System.properties...
[import] Using environment's wt_home variable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!+! ENTERING Simple Change Installer[D:\test0719\build_S2_W6.xml]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!+! FINISHED @ Tue Jul 19 10:45:59 UTC 2022
!+! Log: D:\ptc\Windchill_12.0\Windchill\buildlogs\0007-build_S2_W6.log

BUILD FAILED
D:\test0719\build_S2_W6.xml:24: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\test0719\ant\deployutils.xml:117: Cannot find D:\test0719\ant\${wt.home}\installer\wnc\wbr_actions.xml imported from
D:\test0719\ant\deployutils.xml

Total time: 0 seconds

3 REPLIES 3

The windchill shell sets some environment variables. You need to call first 

D:\ptc\Windchill_12.0\Windchill\bin\windchill2.bat -setenv

afterwards try again

Kutal
4-Participant
(To:BjoernRueegg)

Thanks for taking time to respond but can you please elaborate this with example so i can use in Azure Devops CICD to process further.

After hitting the command I'm getting below error 

D:\ptc\Windchill_12.0\Windchill\bin\windchill2.bat -setenv

unrecognized option: -setenv

and it will helpful  to me if you have any other alternative to configure deployment through Azure Devops.

Thanks in advance.

You can check out this thread. Ben used to work for us and got it up and running in Azure devops. I know how to use it and can kind of follow it, but i cant explain how it works. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Anyone-Managing-their-Windchill-Installation-with-Powershell/m-p/674296 

Top Tags