cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill to Cognos report studio

Maha
5-Regular Member

Windchill to Cognos report studio

Hi

I am trying to send parameters from Windchill to Cognos report studio(The task is developed using Info*Engine).

Can anyone let me know how we can implement this? Any paramater or is there anything that should be included in Cognos report studio?

I have created a task which fetches various parameters from WTPARTUSAGELINK.

A list report has been created in report studio which is synchronised with Windchill to display the report.

Now when the report is clicked in windchill, how to pass the part number from Windchill to Cognos studio?

Thank you

G.Mahalakshmi

4 REPLIES 4
BruceHulse
6-Contributor
(To:Maha)

I've attached starter files that show how to create a URL to invoke a Cognos Report. They are both intended to be connected to the report as the input page (from the Edit Report action in the Site/Reports page). NoPrompt just takes the parameters supplied by Windchill (and they do vary based on which one of the contexts you run the report from) and produces the needed Cognos URL and executes it. The PromptTemplate shows how to inject an actual prompt page when it's not enough to use just the parameters that Windchill provides (for instance, providing some sort of filter wildcard, state name, etc)

BruceHulse
6-Contributor
(To:Maha)

And now, the attachments...

Hello Bruce

Your PrompTemplate.jsp... does not seem to work for 10.1..

I added it to the Site/Reports Custom Report under Edit...

But when you attempt to run Report you get an error about Tag Directory

In your JSP you have:

%><%@taglib tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags/dependency" prefix="depend"

However checking codebase/WEB-INF/tags does NOT have a dependency folder....

Brian I am also getting the same problem...did you get a solution to this... if yes can you upload the updated jsp input file

Top Tags