cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windows 2008 and running Tomcat as a windows service

mlovejoy
1-Newbie

Windows 2008 and running Tomcat as a windows service

I have open a call with PTC about setting up tomcat as a service on 2008 Server -PTC saidthier are known issues with this do to security changes in 2008 server. I asked if they had a TAN or TPIand thier repsonse was no..and good luck.

Basically the service goes in -but when you start the Tomcat services, the service starts and then stops.

I am looking for any info on what i need to change --

Thanks

Marc

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Marc,

I´m passing the same problem with "TomCat as a Service" and Windows Server 2008.

did you get it resolved?

i found this suggestion from PTC Support:

"Copy the file <java_home>\bin\MSVCR71.dll to c:\winnt\system32. After that start the Windchill and Tomcat services."

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=145765

, but i didn´t found the file to copy (MSVCR71.dll).

Thanks and Regards,

André

Marc,

I had the same problem with Tomcat upon installing it as a service on 2008. Finally the command I used was:

ant -f config.xml installService -DJAVA_HOME= C:\java\jrse2 -DserviceName= Tomcat

I had been previously pointing the java_home path to the bin directory. Once I removed this and entered the above line it started up without any problems.

Might be the same for you, may not work....

-=D

Hi Ramirez,

Did you used the Java Installed with Windchill by PTC Installer Sollution? our did you installed a new Java Instance?

Thanks,

André

I tried this and used the JAVA that is is included with Windchill. It works.

Gerry

Hi Andre,

Sorry I have only read this reply. Yes we did use the Java Installed with PTC Installer Sollution. I hope you've managed to fix it.

Regards,

-=D

Hi,

I had the same problem, I was able to resolve the issue after making changes to the OOTB <tomcat_home>\config.xml

Changes

================================================
From

Top Tags