cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Work instruction with Operated On parts to be displayed

rbhoraskar
12-Amethyst

Work instruction with Operated On parts to be displayed

Hi,

Customer Business case Scenario is like this :

1.      Customer wants to Create a Process Plan for a Single part

•        Where Sheet is having art number say 49-001

•        When Cut operation is done on 49-001 in assembly line its output has new part number 50-001

•        When Bend operation on 50-001 in shop floor its output has new part number 51-001

•        When Paint operation is done on 51-001 in shop floor its output is new part number 56-001

Hence in the above scenario, Parts are not a Assembly BOM where you can allocate assembly to Process plan and use BOM Part allocation for this business case.

In order to achieve this you need to use “Operated on parts” functionality and hence accordingly you need Work instruction showing the Operated on parts.

Which is not displayed in Work instruction OOTB in 10.2 M030

Is there any alternate way you can suggest for this?

Thanks,

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

My first thought would be to make them a BOM, where 49 was a child of 50, which is a child of 51, which is a child of 56. If you've defined every step to be a new part number you need to show their creation and consumption. Is there a chance that a set of parts from one of the steps (perhaps 50) might get stored separately for a while before going to their next operation, so you have to show that inventory?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi there,

My first thought would be to make them a BOM, where 49 was a child of 50, which is a child of 51, which is a child of 56. If you've defined every step to be a new part number you need to show their creation and consumption. Is there a chance that a set of parts from one of the steps (perhaps 50) might get stored separately for a while before going to their next operation, so you have to show that inventory?

rbhoraskar
12-Amethyst
(To:doehr)

Looks good I will try-out this

Thanks Daryl

Top Tags