cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Worker Agent fails to start

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Worker Agent fails to start

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: I am setting up a test server for Windchill 12.1.2 wit Creo 9.0.8 and CreoView Adapter 9.1.0.0.

Description:

In Worker Agent Administration, I get a greyed out start flag for the worker and using the Start All flag, it returns Fails to Start for the server. If I go to the Adapter folder, I can manually start proeworker.bat and then I can start the worker in WAA.
Auth.properties and agent.ini are set right, as compared to my 12.0.2 production system which works fine.
In WVS.properties, I have set worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes=E\:\\PTC\\creo_view_adapters_91. This matches what I see when I look at the folder in windows explorer.
Are there any other files that control publishing that I have missed?

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

'whitelist' is not used anymore.  It was replaced with 'allowlist'.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)
mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That fixed the issue of File Not Safe and I now have the green flag. However, it will not start. 

When I click on proeworker.bat, I get the helper, monitor and worker log files created plus a trail.txt. 

Worker Agent Administration still shows the worker as off and with a green flag.

Monitor and helper logs say the process has exited.

Still have the trail.txt file that cannot be deleted as the Creo View workermonitor process is still showing in task manager.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

This sounds like Creo isn't pulling a license.  Does Creo start okay if you manually launch it?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo 9.0.8.0 starts but I do get a message about Creo Platform Agent not starting.

Let me look into that issue.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I copied the Agent folder from the production machine location to the publishing server and it all starts now.

I looked on my classified system and it was missing the Agent folder, too, but copying it over there did not make a difference.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

So is Creo is starting successfully on the classified system now or not?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo starts successfully on the classified system, just the publisher is still showing as File not Safe in WAA.

It is running 12.0.2, so still using the whitelist. Compared the settings to my unclassified side and it all looks right.

Top Tags