cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Workflow Team is populated from context team members?

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst

Workflow Team is populated from context team members?

It's been a few years since I had to do look into this.

We have a Change Notice that is a Workflow at the Org level. The OIR calls out the lifecycle and Team Template.

The team template has no uses or groups in the roles (it's at the Org level).

What is happening is that all the Roles in the workflow at the Product context level are being populated with everyone in that same role in the product context team.

I created a new OIR at the Product context and it calls for a new Team Template with just a few people in the roles but it still populated everyone from the Product context team?

If I reset the team it does the same thing - everyone.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:LG_10096154)

remove Context Team from activities Resource Pool 

Fede
LG_10096154
12-Amethyst
(To:Fadel)

Interesting, that is how we have the Resource Pool for all our workflows. I just started a Peer Review but with that the user can select the Team Template. So the team roles was empty other than the one person I had added in my test team template. With the CN they cannot select the teamTemplate?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS38604

Looks like I would need to edit the OIR to allow the user to select a different Team Template for that context.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Good Luck 

Fede
LG_10096154
12-Amethyst
(To:Fadel)

I removed the context team from the Resource pool at the create/submit workflow. Didn't make a difference. 

The Team template only has one person per Role but the change object after it is created has all the users who are in that same role in the context team.

rhart
15-Moonstone

When you say the 'Team Template only has one person per Role' what does this mean?

The Team Template only defines roles, it defines the roles whose members will be populated into the wf team member when it is initialised.

teamtemplate.jpg

LG_10096154
12-Amethyst
(To:rhart)

Our Team Templates all call out Roles and the Roles have users assigned to Participants in them.

LG_10096154_0-1722957817068.png

rhart
15-Moonstone

Where are the participants being assigned, it seems in your use case you want the Team Template to have no participants, then populate the wf team members from the matching context team roles when the wf is initialised

teammembers.jpg

I have posted this question before and still need help.

We have hundreds of product context each with unique users per Role (we don't use Groups in Roles).

Each Product has a Team Template for each change object and sometimes more than one.

What is happening:

When a  change objects is created, the user picks the Team Template. That team template has one or two named users for each Role used in the workflow.

After it is created, the Process tab on the workflow shows not just those users from the Team Template in the Role but all the users from the Context Team for that same Role.

The workflow Process did have a Resource Pool of Context Team but I removed that at the "Open" (create and submit workflow).

When I moved all the users in the context team for a Role (CM) into an Org level group called CM then the process did the same thing but this time showed the Group in the Role for the workflow process and the named users from the Team Template for that role.

Could this be the issue? I have Roles in the Lifecycle. But in the "Open" workflow (create/submit) we only call out the submitter for that state on the Lifecycle. We do call out other roles at progressive states but each state has it's own workflow.

Default Behavior
The following list illustrates the order in which Windchill tries to resolve each role in a life cycle when the wt.team.re-resolveRoles property is set to the default value:
1. If the life cycle role exists in the team template, the life cycle role is resolved to participants (or the actor for the role), as defined in the team template. All life cycle mapping for that role is overridden by the team values.
2. If the life cycle role does not exist in the team template (that is, rule 1 does not apply), but the life cycle role is mapped to an existing team template role, then the life cycle role is added to the team and resolved to participants, as defined in the team template role.
3. If the life cycle role does not exist in the team template and is not mapped to a role that exists in the team template (that is, rules 1 and 2 do not apply), then the life cycle role is added to the team and resolved to participants, as defined in the life cycle.
4. If the object’s context team contains the role, any participants who play the role in the context team that are not already members of the role in the team are added to the team.
5. All roles that are not defined in the team, but are used in a related workflow process, are added to the team when the workflow process starts.
6. Any roles in the team template that are not used in the life cycle are also added to the team.
The following flow chart illustrates the Windchill business rules for resolving life cycle roles:
LG_10096154_0-1722959415736.png

Top Tags