cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Workspace Folders Appearing at Site

kirkwemple
8-Gravel

Workspace Folders Appearing at Site

When a user creates a workspace, a folder with the same workspace appears at Site (see attachment).  

Is Site the default location for a folder to be created when a user creates a Workspace?   

At Site, I see only  folders for the workspaces this one user has created (plus default workspaces).

The Site folders contain CAD and Windchill Parts.  If the Windchill Parts are in a structure, non admin users see the parts as master because they don't have access to the parts because they are located at Site.

The workspaces the users created are not affiliated with Products, not Site.

What determines the location of Windchill folders that are created when a user creates a workspace?

Why are the folders being created at Site for this one user?

3 REPLIES 3

Only Org admin's can access Org level Folders; only Site admin's can access Site level folders.

This extends to being able to create and use workspaces at Org / Site, so non-admin users cannot check data into Org or Site level folders via workspace.

I actually worked with a small startup years ago which made EVERYONE Org admin, and all used the default Org level workspaces and checked all their CAD data into Org level. Had to laboriously export / delete / re-import all of the data (painful) in order to use the data normally.

Ideally Org and Site admin's would have two logins, one for admin work and one for real work on product data.  Each should have appropriate permissions around workspaces.

Yes.   Agree on your statements.  That is why I can't figure out why one non admin user is creating a site folder every time he creates a new workspace.

I have reported to tech support to see if they can explain it.

Thx for reply Mike.

Hey Kirk,

Did you figured out why this happened and how to solve it? We are experiencing a similair issue at the moment. Also all windchill Parts that are created in those workspace are on 'Site' and it's pretty problematic to fix everytime. 😞

Top Tags