cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

client authentication and password-less SOAP requests

ptc-5501799
1-Newbie

client authentication and password-less SOAP requests

Hi everyone,

I have a Windchill 10.0 installation and an external application both connected to the same ldap system. This application uses SOAP to execute tasks in windchill and retrieve data from it.

Until now I've only been able to execute those SOAP requests by passing username and password. E.g:

IeConnectionSpec cxSpec = new IeConnectionSpec();

cxSpec.setUserName("user1");

cxSpec.setPassword("password");

Connection cx = cxf.getConnection(cxSpec);

Interaction ix = cx.createInteraction();

What i want to do is to execute those SOAP request without having to specify the user password (since the user has already specified the password to login into my application).

Reading the IE Users Guide i found that the IeConnectionSpec has a property called authUser that can be used in Single Sign On (SSO) scenarios.

It also says that "The authUser property is only accepted by Info*Engine if the connector is configured to digitally sign outgoing requests or if the client resides on a host that is trusted."

Is that the right way to do it? I haven't found any example that shows how to set this property and how to make an host trusted. Does anyone has an example of how to do it?

2 REPLIES 2

i hope this mail finds you well.

i'm having some issues with the same issue. can you, please, suggest how eventualy you overcome the issue ? how did you configured the system to work properly ?

Thanks,

Rami

Hi,

I'm sorry but i haven't found a solution jet. To be honest, i haven't tried too much though. My goal was to start investigating the connection possibilities (both SOAP and connection libs) and getting to the point of retrieving data specifying the password was enough.

About this problem: I don't know your case, but i was mainly interested in the "trusted host" possibility, since i don't have a logged-in user when the external application is running, and for that i haven't found much documentation.

If you do have a logged user and the machine is registered inside the ldap domain, getting his/her java.security.Principal and passing it to the IeConnectionSpec.setAuthUser method might work (I haven't tried so i might be wrong).

sorry that i'm not of much help. If you make any breakthrough let me know.

good luck, Marco.

Top Tags