cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

collecting secondary content

ptc-2023985
1-Newbie

collecting secondary content

Hi everyone,

We just started Windchill Essentials 10.1. Basic configuration is now up and running, at least regarding usal designer tasks. Next goal would be to be able to collect all documents required by subcontractors in order to manufacture something (mainly pdf of the drawings and dxf files for laser cutting).

As a trial, I used export pdf/dxf to the workspace (from a drawing in Creo session) and checked the "include as secondary content" box. This way I can use the collector from a top level assembly I choose, collect component drawings, with secondary content and export everything to a windows folder. Afterwards, I go further under windows to sort and filter the files and prepare attachments for mails to my subcontractors.

This kind of "semi-automatic mode" looks like beeing relevant for our small company, whithout any sophisticated customization / programmation.

Was it a good idea up to now ?

Next step should be creating those PDF/dxf automaticaly... but I can't find how to do that.

WindChill Visualisation Server (WVS) allows to create equivalent PDF/DXF, and could be set up (I guess) for making them automaticaly according any trigger to define, but genarated files cannot be included with the collector when wanting to export to an windows folder...

Any idea / comment ?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags