cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

control softattribute default from OIR

SimonLucas
1-Newbie

control softattribute default from OIR

Hi,

I have a soft type of WTPart, with a soft attribute which as a 'value required' and 'descrete set' contraint added.

I was hoping to be able to control the default value for the soft attribute via the OIR so that different contexts can have a different default from the descrete list.

I have added the attribut to the WTPart list in RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties file using xconfmanager --add etc.

However I am so far unable to control the default value and get this to diaply in the WTPart creation UI no matter what combinatiopn of value and constraints I use in the OIR. If I remove the descrete set constraint then I can control the value, but again cannot get it to display in the WTPart creation UI.

I am trying to avoid having several soft types of WTPart, each with their oen default value, but need to restrict the range of values the attribute can have.

Any ides?

Thanks in advance

Simon Lucas

1 REPLY 1

You did not specify what syntax you used in the OIR or in the properties file. Very easy to make a mistake. Provided the value used in the OIR is also in the discrete set constraint, it might be possible. I know I have used OIR to specify attribute values before. At what level did you define your WTPart soft type?

Announcements

Top Tags