cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

corrupt cache in WC 10.1 M040 & recovery tool

kjohns101
1-Newbie

corrupt cache in WC 10.1 M040 & recovery tool

We have occasionally had to use the cache recovery tool, a user will notice new or modified objects suddenly vanish from the workspace, the server was still online and the workspace was Active. Thanks to the folks that created the recovery tool, it finds the missing objects within the cache. Has anyone else had this issue and is it a known bug?

6 REPLIES 6

In Reply to Kevin Johnson:

We have occasionally had to use the cache recovery tool, a user will notice new or modified objects suddenly vanish from the workspace, the server was still online and the workspace was Active. Thanks to the folks that created the recovery tool, it finds the missing objects within the cache. Has anyone else had this issue and is it a known bug?

We just faced something similar.

Can you give more details about the cache recovery tool?

The environment we experienced that is: SolidWorks 2012, 10.1 M040 with PS16, WGM_PS_2, WGM_PS_10and PS116 installed.

'll be glad to get this tool, and also to know how this is solved. Saul Szulanski One1

GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:kjohns101)

We are currently running 10.1 M040 with PS16 and WGM PS2 patches on our PROD System and have suffered loads of issues with Catia data and UG WGM disconnects, so are about to update to PS99 and WGM PS11 version patches, which are supposed to fix the issues that we have been seeing.

fter seeing this post, I am concerned that we might be introducing new issues with the addition of these two new patches.

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

I have found the following article on the PTC knowledge base that refers to missing files in workspace when using Creo 2.0 and Windchill 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS113065&posno=5&q=wgm%20missing%20files&nav=ptcproductgroups||windchill||Product+Group||windchill^^ptcrelease||10.0||Release||10.0&source=Search

• When working in a linked session with Windchill and switching between workspaces, locallymodified files disappear or become missingfrom the client cache under certain circumstances:

• Have two workspaces (ws1 & ws2) on the server

• Resister the server, activate ws1, click on workspace node in file browser

• Make changes or create objects in ws1 and save

• In server registry dialog activate ws2, click on workspace node in file browser

• In server registry dialog double-click on <no server=">

• In server registry dialog click on the server name line

• In server registry dialog activate ws1

• Attempting to workaround via environmentUWGM_PURGE_FRAME_STRAY_CONTENTS=no, makes no difference (issue still occurs)

It seems that this is fixed in Creo 2.0 M080. I believe that the Creo and WGM code is from a common codebase, so perhaps this is the issue that is being seen?

They suggest that this is because files are not uploaded to the server-side workspace before switching to a new workspace and the workaround is to make sure that they are uploaded rather than just saved to workspace - is this perhaps what you are seeing?

Rgds

Gary

Thank you Gary,

In the meanwhile, we set the preference to do local save as save & upload, and no vanishing parts were reported since, but still we are waiting to PTC TS answer

Saul Szulanski

One1

In Reply to Gary Mansell:

We are currently running 10.1 M040 with PS16 and WGM PS2 patches on our PROD System and have suffered loads of issues with Catia data and UG WGM disconnects, so are about to update to PS99 and WGM PS11 version patches, which are supposed to fix the issues that we have been seeing.

fter seeing this post, I am concerned that we might be introducing new issues with the addition of these two new patches.

All -

Before I dive into this with PTC, am I correct in understanding that prior to M080, if this happens (files go missing when switching between workspaces) that the files are lost - no chance of recovery?

I just had this happen to a user - I originally suspected it was due to poor cache size maintenance, but this sounds more like what happened.

We tried the file recovery tool (which was way cool!) but there are literally no lid or sid files in his cache prior to yesterday.

Thanks -

Chrystal

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

This process worked a couple times for our users...

* Go to Windows Explore and browse to the folder called .cache2008.

* RMB on the folder and select properties in the list.

* Go to "previous versions" tab and use "Restore"

Top Tags