cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

delete & create workpace on login

egifford
4-Participant

delete & create workpace on login

I'm looking to set up a couple of shop floor users with the capability to log in to a Windchill connected session of Pro/E and start each time with a new, empty workspace. I was able to do this in Intralink 3.4 quite simply by having a template .proi folder that was copied in by a Pro/E startup batch file. However with Windchill, this approach only addresses the local cache. How can I address the server side workspace so that whenever this user starts up any existing workspace(s) are deleted and an empty template workspace is created. Ideally the new workspace would be the same name connected to the same context each time the user starts.

Pro/E Wildfire 4 M210, Windchill PDMLink 10 M030

Client is running on either WinXP 32bit or Win7 64 bit

Regards,

Erik

1 REPLY 1
egifford
4-Participant
(To:egifford)

I was able to accomplish this by recording a trail file that uses the workspace delete / create functionality in the Tools, Server Manager function. Edited the trail file and called it in a custom Pro/E startup .bat file. As soon as the user types in their credentials to login to Windchill, the trail file executes resulting in a session of Pro connected to a new / clean workspace every time.

Top Tags