cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

enumCustomize vs. wtCustom *RB.rbInfo files

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

enumCustomize vs. wtCustom *RB.rbInfo files

In Your Opinion:

Which is the better solution, using enumCustomize utility? Or creating a wtCustom folder structure with *RB.rbInfo files and running the ResourceBuild and ant commands?

I am going through an upgrade from 9.1 to 10.2. On our source 9.1 system, we created custom units, roles, and states. We were taught back then to follow the procedure in CS33684 (but with different folder structure & rbInfo files of course).

When upgrading, I got an error because I have not yet moved over the custom units, roles, and states to the target 10.2 system. But now in doing research, I see CS111318 which describes to simply use the enumCustomize utility. This seems a lot easier. I also tested it and saw I didn't have to restart Windchill or clear the Tomcat cache or anything. Changes made with enumCustomize seemed to take effect right away.

Pros/Cons? Better/Worse? Your thoughts?

Untitled.png

2 REPLIES 2

I normaly use enumcustomize for adding/hidding some values to the different languages. Enumcustomizing saves these changes to the WTCustom folder and compiles the files.

If you already have all the changes in the WTCustom folder you have to save each file to have a new modification date and afterwards you can compile these changes without opening every file in enumcustomizing.

ant -f bin/tools.xml bundle_custom

and then

ant -f ./codebase/MakeJar.xml

This is also a good option to copy it between multiple servers.

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:BjoernRueegg)

If you are going for upgrade then create the wtCustom folder structure.

And EnumCustomize utility also creates the folder structure and run ResourceBuild in background.

So no matter which procedure you follow the folder sturcture inside ResourceBuild will get created.If you used EnumCustomize then you have enter all the value manually one by one.

For both the approach you have to finally restart methodserver.

Top Tags